Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Typing Programs- PAWS In Typing Town

Typing Programs- PAWS In Typing Town


Every student in the United States should know how to type with two hands using a standard QWERTY style keyboard.  The lowest functionable rate of speed in my opinion would be 20-25 words per minute.

I teach elementary as well as middle school level students.

At the elementary level I use a program called PAWS In Typing Town.  It was creted in 1996 and sold by Thompson Learning Company copyrighted by The Cute Company. It is pricey for the average home user but I have had some parents find it for a reasonable price.  Before you consdier buying it new, you might check Ebay.

Check out my videos showing what the program we call "PAWS"  looks like!




A few links:
 McGraw-Hill
Ventura Educational Services

Another video explaining where you might buy it. 
Keep in mind that something similar would work fine as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment